Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Cutest Things

Time for a new segment entitled: Shae Does the Cutest Things!

He keeps us laughing everyday and I just have to document these new things he's doing.

I'll start with colors. Shae's favorite color is yellow and he's quick to point out anything yellow he sees. Not only is he brilliant for recognizing colors at this age, but it is soooooo cute to hear him say "lellow!" He also recognizes blue ("bu") and sometimes green ("ge"), but lellow is his favorite. If you ask him what his favorite color is or what color we should paint his bedroom, it's always "lellow."

Another thing that Shae is saying so adorably these days is "baby." He loves watching babies on YouTube and refers to any young child as "baby." He recently walked up to a kid twice his size at the mall, pointed in his face, and said, "baby." The kid looked at him like, "Who you calling a baby?" I hope he's still liking babies in 6 months!

Shae may be following in his daddy's footsteps, as he is already enthralled with football. "Go, go!" he yells when he sees football or any Vikings logo. He got his own little Vikings football the other day and took it to nap with him. Joe swears this was Shae's idea. :)

Shae usually knows what he's not allowed to do, but that doesn't stop him from doing it. He proceeds to do what he wants while saying, "No, no." He pushes buttons on the blue ray player while saying "no, no." He plays in Rocky's water while saying "no, no." He pulls on cords plugged into outlets while saying "no, no." It's so stinken cute.

Some other big news is that Shae is eating table food now! He just woke up one day and decided he was ready. What a relief! He's still a little picky when it comes to some textures, but he has been trying so many new things all of a sudden.

And finally, Shae's new favorite game: hide and seek. Well, hiding anyway. Check it out.

 Shae, where are you? (Hiding in my closet)

 Has anyone seen Shae? (Behind his rocking chair)

 I can't find Shae anywhere!

Ha, ha! I was under the bed, Mama!


And now for an update on our second little love. This pregnancy is just so different from what I remember with my last. I've still been feeling sick, although the medication is helping somewhat. I try not to complain about it constantly, but I don't even remember what normal feels like. I hope to soon. I know it will all be worth it.

Another thing that is so different this time is how fast it's going already. When I was pregnant with Shae, I remember counting down every day, looking at the calendar in my cube at work and fantasizing about maternity leave. Now, I'm so focused on Shae that I'm surprised at how fast this first trimester is going. It's weird though, because with the nausea and everything, the days seem to drag on and yet the time is going by fast.

Joe took my first belly picture the other night as I'm beginning to show! I love watching the progress of baby's growth and development through those belly pics. And I love having a baby belly (up until about 30 weeks anyway). I may be one of the only ladies on Earth to get excited about getting a big belly. It's just so fascinating to me. I'll get some pictures up soon of the growing belly to document the progress.

No comments: