Thursday, November 26, 2009

So Much to Be Thankful For

This date last year will forever be etched in my memory. November 26, 2008 was the day before Thanksgiving and the day that Joe and I discovered that we would be parents!
.
It had been a hectic and stressful day at work. Joe and I got home, put on our "comfy" clothes and collapsed on the couch with a beer to just relax and talk about our days. We had the pregnancy test, but thought that it could be too early to take it and honestly didn't think that it would be positive anyway (hence the beer in my hand). But as I told Joe about my stressful day, he said, "Just go take the pregnancy test. You'll feel better." I was hoping to be pregnant, but really didn't think that I was, so I wanted to point out that a negative pregnancy test would not make me feel better at all. But instead I went ahead and took it, and couldn't believe the results! I didn't finish my beer.
.
The rest of the evening was filled with energy and excitement. We had a lot to look forward to! Here's a picture we took of ourselves just minutes after the test. Look at how young and well rested we look. ;)


I had more to be thankful for that Thanksgiving than ever before. I couldn't stop thinking about how grateful I was to be carrying that tiny little embryo and how excited I was to become a mommy and to make Joe a daddy. I couldn't have even imagined at that point how thankful I could be this Thanksgiving, just one year later. For my wonderful family, amazing friends, and the world's best husband of course. But most of all, this year, for this:
.

1 comment:

Kristie said...

I couldn't agree more. You have an adorable little boy! I love the pics you have taken of him, they are stunning.