Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Sweet Boy and a Growing Belly

Time for another addition of Shae Does the Cutest Things!

So many come to mind, but I'll try to narrow it down. My pride for this boy is overwhelming.

Shae is turning out to be one polite little boy, as his new most often used word is "please!" He has been saying and signing "more" for quite some time, and we've been encouraging him to say and sign "more please." Well he finally got it and even put his own little twist on it. He's combined the signs into one unique motion and just says "please." He says it all the time! He's also learning to use this new request when he is frustrated and needs help with something. I love this! Instead of getting upset when he can't get his blocks put together the way he wants, he'll say "please," meaning "please help, Mommy." I've actually seen him start to get frustrated by something and then stop, turn to me, and say, "please." It's amazing what you can teach such a young child with a little patience.

Shae has also begun telling his first stories. His favorite goes like this: "Mawy, gobble gobble. Vrrrrm! Boppa" ... or something along those lines. For those of you that don't speak one year old, he's recalling part of our Thanksgiving Day. Grandma Mary made a turkey and Grandpa cut it with an electric knife. He's been telling us this story multiple times a day and Thanksgiving was almost a week ago!

One more thing I'll mention is that Shae loves the Christmas tree. He walks around it saying, "Oooh, aaah," which we've taught him to do. We've tried to keep the unbreakable ornaments towards the bottom because he just can't help but to take them off for a closer look now and then.


As for the little sibling, he/she is doing great! We had another doctor's appointment yesterday and got to hear that sweet little heart beating at 150 beats per minute. Shae didn't really understand what we were listening to, but he keeps trying to imitate the sound and then says, "baby!"

I've also been feeling a little bit of very faint movement now and then. I just love the 2nd trimester! I'm feeling better, feeling movement, and starting to show. Yes, that belly is finally popping!

 Here I am at 11 weeks, shortly after I began to show. (Yes, that is new baby belly, not Shae leftovers.)
I seemed to stay like this for a little over a month, until...

pop!
16 weeks
Finally looking pregnant and not just bloated! :)

Our next appointment is two weeks from tomorrow, where we will do our big ultrasound. I'm so excited to find out the gender and also to see those adorable images of our growing baby!!!

1 comment:

Grandpa Gary said...

I always look forward to your blog updates, Alison. Shae does do and say the cutest things. And now I have a new picture to put on my work email IM profile. It's amazing at how many comments I get regarding these pictures. It's usually (but not always) the ladies that comment on how cute Shae is. That kid is quite a babe magnet.